| Here is a photograph of my current pond, taken one year ago this month. For nearly 12 years, it has brought me many hours of pleasure. |
| After this summer's wonderful adventure with spawning goldfish and growing plants, I decided I wanted a larger pond. But I can't expand here... I'm too close to existing water and electric lines. |
| This rock-walled garden next to my barbeque and outdoor tables has seen several transitions over the years. It's time for a new one! |
| It took a lot longer than I expected to clear the vegetation from the area. Bo was pretty disgruntled as each section of "his" napping area disappeared. |
| By the 22nd of December, I reached the 2' level in one area. A breakthrough! Lots of roots and rocks and hard dense clay gave me a real workout! |
| My neighbor came back to help me on Christmas day. While the ground thawed a bit, we staged a bunch of rock for later finish work. By 1:30 that afternoon, the ground was workable and the pond hole was finished at 5:00 PM. Hooray! |
| I re-leveled the edges and got the underlayment and liner set on December 26th. I measured the water flow from my garden hoses so I could get an accurate volume for the pond, and filled her up! 750 gallons...perfect! |

WOW it looks great, better not go any bigger or Matt will want to go fishing in your pound
ReplyDeleteQuite impressive!! Does "Orina" translate as badger in some other language? You've got quite the digging knack.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you'll enjoy the peace and serenity that comes with this next pond. I've sure enjoyed my little mini pond out my kitchen window. The most fascinating creature to reside there was a salamander. Where did it come from?