Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Heart-filled Holiday Treasure!!!!

Christmas Eve morning began bright and early with me bustling about the house, doing last minute cleaning and starting to cook. Mocha and Aiko snuggled into one of their new beds and seemed to be having a conversation that included"Something is up here! Be prepared."
 
Within a few hours their hunches were confirmed. The Kirkman family arrived and Trek took Aiko into the bedroom for cuddle time before the big event.
How did we ever get to this remarkable place? Moriah and Summer, dear and deep friends since they were 5 years old are now 32 with wonderful husbands and houses filled with the activities of young and growing children. They planned a two-family brunch at my house when they realized both their families would be in the area this holiday season. From me, spiraling (somewhat) clockwise: Orina, Moriah (with Baby Boden due in 3 weeks), Holden, Canyon, Summer, Tariknesh, Clorie, Raven, David, Gary, Nicci, Don, Connor, and Trek.  
The children got along fabulously! Trek and Tarik (4 & 5) hit it off immediately and were creating adventures for themselves that I couldn't help but eavesdrop on. They wanted to go outside so I tagged along. Trek told Tarik, "I'll be Tarzan and you are the girl that he saves." Tariknesh replied "I want to be a princess." "Perfect!" Trek agreed. "You be the princess and I'll save you." She concurred with a smile.


Connor (almost 11), Holden (9), and Canyon (6) played with Paho's old Battle Beasts and Hot Wheels. After cooperatively sorting the Battle Beasts into categories and dividing them among themselves, they were on to other projects. So sweet.
Our precious girls and their kids. Trek and Tarik are about the ages their mamas were when they started to spend time together, 27 years ago! Nicci and I could hardly hold back the swelling of our hearts and sometimes the tears spilled over.



 The kids had just about enough of posing for pictures and jumped into a delightful round of wrestling! This went on for a good ten minutes with no injuries and lots of laughter! We managed to redirect before a single tear was shed (no small feat for us adults sometimes).

I have to include a photograph of this adorable tooth-gapped grin!

What a wonderful holiday treasure this get-together was! Thank you Moriah and Summer. Thanks to the parents who raised them. Thank you Gary and David for being such supportive husbands. Thanks to the children for allowing us all to share in the joy of who they are! 
   
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. My eyes are all teary through the vicarious thrill of seeing the pictures and feeling all the joy. I'm sure glad that you are adept at capturing precious moments.

    ReplyDelete