Friday, October 25, 2013

Pick of the Pond II- September 10- October 25th, 2013

 
It's amazing to look at all these fish (I had five at the start of summer) and realize that hundreds, maybe thousands, of eggs were spawned. Still, 26 little ones survived...and I figured I should only keep five of them, giving me  a total of ten. My pond is so small. I gave 21 of the youngsters away.
 
A day after I narrowed down my numbers, I saw this black-necked garter snake taking a look into the pond. Uh-oh. Maybe I thinned out the population too soon! 

 
'Turns out there were two of them.

 
Sweethearts?

 
Reflection of a hunter....

 
"Yikes!" says Ash. Did you see those snakes?

 
But as the weather gets cooler and the snakes are probably hibernating, I am glad to see ten fish each day.

 
Dreamer....

 
Flame... 
 
Survivor (my oldest Goldie, 7 years)

 
Moonglow...



And the Gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment