Thursday, March 20, 2014

An update on the new pond

It's been an incredibly full few months since I started to build my new pond and posted some photographs of that project. I'm ready to share some updates now that I've been able to make some real progress.
I trimmed the liners and leveled the ground getting ready for the stone work. 

Gabe, a dear friend and trusted mason (who I've known since he was a baby) came to lay the flagstone. 

It was fun to watch him at work, making the most of my resources (I had some stone and he quarried the rest). 

Aiko testing out the new watering hole! 

I love the way the way my little patio frames the pond! I still need to build the waterfall. I have some gorgeous local lava rock that I'm planning to use.


I created the waterfall and am so happy with the beauty of the rock and the sound of the water. Planters are placed waiting for warmer weather. I've transferred the first few fish and enjoy sitting here already when I can find a minute.
A closer view. I still have to wire the electrical outlets (they are stumped in under the buckets behind the waterfall), add plants and more finishing touches.

I found the lattice on craigslist and it hides the woodpile just right. I am already enamored of  this new place of respite on Mandala Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment