Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Sweet Sister, Linda Sue, Comes for a Visit...


How fun it was to have my dear Sissy Sue come to spend a week with me! She had many needed hours of rest and relaxation beading and crocheting and just taking it easy.




Of course I benefited from some of her handiwork. She made me a necklace, earrings, and a beautiful foot bracelet (I forget what they are called).

So pretty under the peach tree.



Harvest was in full swing while Linda was here and she watched me can corn (and beans, squash, peaches, and pickles).



She spotted me while I was up on the ladder picking delicious peaches.




And I fed her the most wonderful garden meals every day!


Moriah and the boys were able to come visit one of the days Linda was here.
 

Aunt Linda crocheted adorable hats for the little ones...and she and Moriah decorated them with google eyes and a smile!


Just as my kids loved her when they were little, Canyon and Trek couldn't get enough of their great-aunt. They had such a good time playing and goofing around.

Mocha and Aiko know a dog-lover when they meet one!
  


Best of all was just getting to spend so much time together! I love my sister.

 At the end of the week, I took her back and watched her get onto the train that would carry her home again (not this one...the train was two hours late and we only had a couple of seconds in the dark to get her across the tracks and on board before the train departed!).
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. lovely pictures, and so nice to have a family visit when you have so much wonderful food to share.

    ReplyDelete