Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Happy's transformation and other pond updates...


About four days ago, I noticed that Happy was starting to change color!

 
I also noticed that some of the small fry were getting larger and taking their chances out with the big kids more often.

 
At one point I saw Survivor just swim by and scoop one of the fry into his mouth! 

 
At first I was afraid I might have a couple dozen or more goldfish to find homes for come fall. But There seem to be a couple less each day. So we'll see.

 

This toad has been back to the pond at least a couple of evenings. I compared the markings in my previous photo and it's definitely the same one.

 
It's amazing to watch the fish of all sizes swimming around together. 

 
Look at Happy's color now! 

 
 
Happy and Go-Lucky still hang around some.

 
It's so fun watching the changes in the pond!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment